ACCC Board Meeting
November 8, 2022
Meeting Called to Order by President Lara Hill at 7:36 pm Eastern time.
ROLL CALL Lara Hill, Peg Shaw, Steve Kelly, Gina Rector, Liz Keimon, Patricia Buckelew, Angie Patchen, Ginny Dorris, Kathy Nusz and Shelley Hennessy. Patricia Buckelew arrived late. Sophia Kaluzniacki and Gina Rector not present.
Motion #1: Ginny Dorris motioned to approve the agenda. Angie Patchen seconded. Motion Carried
MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
There were no corrections to the minutes and they were approved as distributed.
REPORT OF THE RECORDING SECRETARY
Membership Participation Survey had 15 submissions. The majority were pleased with the direction the club is going and willing to participate/volunteer in several areas we have to offer and the majority of submissions want to see more seminars offered.
REPORT OF THE CORRESPONDING SECRETARY
Nothing to Report
REPORT OF THE TREASURER
Nothing to Report
REPORT OF THE COMMITTEES
Nothing to Report
Health & Genetics
Discussion: Amanda Roop, Norma Feldman, Peg Shaw, Wendy Ryan, Joyce Enlow have offered to serve on the Health & Genetic Committee.
Motion #2: Peg Shaw motioned to appoint Amanda Roop as Health & Genetic Chair. Ginny Dorris seconded. Motion Carried
Motion #3: Steve Kelly motioned to appoint Norma Feldman, Peg Shaw, Wendy Ryan and Joyce Enlow as the Health and Genetics committee. Ginny Dorris seconded. Motion Carried
Best Bred By Award – see attached
Discussion: Will contact AKC to see if this opportunity is available for 2022 ACCC Specialty and 2023 National.
Motion #4: Peg Shaw motioned to apply for Litter Registration offered by AKC to the Best Bred By Exhibitor at the Friday, December 16, 2022 ACCC Specialty at the Orlando, FL show and the 2023 ACCC National. Ginny Dorris seconded. Motion Carried
Breeder Directory P&P – see attached
Discussion: Updated breeder directory policy to match current application.
Motion #5: Ginny Dorris motioned to approve the Breeder Directory Policy and Procedure. Angie Patchen seconded. Motion Carried
Meet the Breed – see attached
Discussion: Received an email and mailed letter about participation at the New York Meet the Breed.
Motion #6: Ginny motioned to accept Victor Helu as Liaison for and to participate in New York Meet the Breed January 28-29, 2023. Angie Patchen seconded. Motion Carried
Discussion: To think of small favors/giveaways for the booth.
Changed date of next meeting from November 22 to November 29, 2022
Motion #7: Steve Kelly motioned to adjourn the meeting at 8:15 pm Eastern Time. Patricia Buckelew seconded. Motion Carried
Best Bred By Exhibitor in Show
For the past three years AKC has recognized its breeders by offering a free litter registration to the winner of a Best Bred-By Exhibitor in Show competition at a designated All-Breed, Group or Parent Club show.
Sign up your club and the AKC will provide your winner with a free Litter Registration!
Since the program launched as a pilot, nearly 200 All-Breed, Group or Parent Clubs have taken advantage of this fabulous BBE Award.
If you would like to sign up your club for the award or have any questions regarding this award, please contact Vanessa Skou at email@example.com or call 919-816-3751.
Breeder Directory Policy & Procedure (Updated)
- I wish to be listed in the online ACCC Breeder Directory and agree to hold the American Chinese Crested Club harmless from any causes of action and declarations made from this day forward in the placement of any Chinese Crested I offer resulting from this listing.
- I certify I am a member in good standing and will follow the ACCC’s Code of Ethics as they relate to breeding and selling Chinese Cresteds.
- I acknowledge my name, state, email and phone number will be listed on the ACCC Website under Breeder Directory
- I understand that this listing can be suspended or removed due to complaints at the discretion of the board.
American Chinese Crested Club, Inc.
CODE OF ETHICS GUIDELINES FOR ACCC MEMBERS
Each member of the American Chinese Crested Club, Inc. will consider the best interest of the breed when engaged in any activities involving breeding, selling and exhibiting Chinese Cresteds and will refrain from any activities which could prove detrimental to the Breed and this Club.
Members of the American Chinese Crested Club, Inc. agree to abide by the following:
1) No member of this club shall engage in the wholesaling of litters or individual Chinese Cresteds or the selling of breeding stock to such places as pet dealers, catalog houses, or other commercial sources of distribution, nor shall he engages in over breeding his own bitches for profit with no regard for quality.
2) No member will mix-breed or advertise for sale puppies that have been mix-bred.
3) No member will provide stud service to unregistered bitches, or breed bitches to unregistered dogs.
4) All sales will be accompanied with written contracts.
5) Puppies will not be sold at less than 8 weeks of age.
6) The best possible standard of health and care in all dogs will be maintained and puppies will be immunized and checked for parasites on a regular schedule.
7) In breeding programs, members will keep alert for and work to control and/or eradicate inherited problems and conditions that are particular to the breed and breed as closely as possible to the standard.
8) Members will represent their dogs as honestly as possible to prospective buyers and to try to assist the serious novice in his understanding of the breed.
9) Each member of the Club has an obligation to protect the interests of the Breed, and pure-bred dogs and or the sport of dog show competition in general by conducting himself in a good-sportsmanship manner designed to reflect credit on himself, the Breed, the Club and on other participants in dog shows generally. The good of the Breed comes before any personal benefits.
10) Breeders are responsible for all puppies he produces for their entire lives. An owner is responsible to ensure that any dog he can no longer keep is placed in an appropriate home and the breeder of the dog is notified; however, if the owner cannot or will not take care of the animal any longer or abandons it, the breeder must make every effort to secure a new home for it.
11) Breeders will promote and encourage the spaying and/or neutering of pet quality Cresteds and use the Limited Registration for the not to be shown, not to be bred Cresteds.
I have read and agree to abide by the Code of Ethics of the American Chinese Crested Club, Inc. Name:_________________________________________________________________
Signature of Applicant: ____________________________________________________
Meet the Breed
Dear Parent Club Officers,
The American Kennel Club Board and Staff would like to express our sincere appreciation to the volunteers from our national and local clubs for their commitment to educating the public at our 2022 AKC Meet the Breeds® events. Each one was wonderfully received, and educated the public about purebred dogs, responsible dog ownership, canine athleticism and more. Attendees were thrilled to interact with the dogs, as well as breed experts, and enjoyed our multiple sport and working dog demonstrations.
We are excited to share with you that AKC Meet the Breeds® will hit the road once again in 2023! The nationwide AKC Meet the Breeds® Tour is scheduled to kick-off this January 28th and 29 in New York City at the Jacob K. Javits Center before traveling to several other cities.
We need your help! Your participation is critical to the success of this tour, and we trust that we can receive your support as we continue to expand AKC Meet the Breeds® and spread the message of our dedication to dogs, breed expertise, and responsible pet ownership across the country.
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 21, 2022 REGISTER YOUR BREED advising us that your club will participate in the New York City AKC Meet the Breeds.
- Click the link below to access the sign-up form for AKC Meet the Breeds New York City; forms for additional dates will come at a later date
- Scan the form and attach it to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Postal mail it to:
American Kennel Club
ATTN: Joseph Carlini, AKC Meet the Breeds
101 Park Ave, 5th Floor
New York, New York 10178
You must return the form via postal mail or email by the deadline printed on the form.
As always, we are committed to creating a great experience for our booth volunteers and will continue to provide the following in each city that you participate:
- Up to $800 stipend (two day event) per breed booth for each event
- 8 complimentary digital volunteer passes
- 5 complimentary boxed lunch tickets (per booth/per day)
- Private lounge/seating area for lunch
Please continue to check your email as we will communicate any next steps in the coming weeks, as well as new cities and dates in 2023. We look forward to your participation as we introduce AKC Meet the Breeds® to audiences throughout the country and educate the public about each of our unique breeds.
For questions or assistance with this process, please email email@example.com.