Questions to ask the Breeder
1) How long have you been in cresteds and what do you feel are the greatest strengths of your program?
2) Can you provide me with documentation of health testing done on parents prior to breeding. (Yearly CERF, heart, genetic testing for PLL and PRA, etc)
3) Are you active in conformation through AKC? Did the parents finish their titles? Do you do any other sports or activities with your dogs?
4) Are you a member of the ACCC parent club? Are the dogs AKC registered?
5) Can you tell me about the parent’s personalities and temperament?
6) What kind of contract do you provide for puppy buyers? Do you enforce spay/neuter for pet dogs?
7) Do you take back dogs of your breeding if there is ever a need for them to be placed so they never end up in a shelter?
8) What kind of socialization do you do with puppies to prepare them for their lives? At what age do puppies go to their new homes?
9) Are you available as a resource for questions throughout the puppy’s life?
10) What vaccinations and vet checks do you do before the puppy goes to a new home?
11) How hairy is the puppy un-groomed? Can you show me pictures of the dog’s body hair and explain what grooming requirements it will need?